Tagged: forum rules
April 15, 2015 at 1:03 pm #1313
Please Read the Forum Rules before Posting!
The GRS community forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about gaming-related topics. We ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. These rules and guidelines are enforced by administrators and moderators, and at their discretion, may delete posts without warning that do not comply. Also, failure to comply with these rules or our Terms and Conditions and Rules of Conduct may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site!
NOTICE: These rules and conditions are subject to change at any time as deemed necessary by the GRS Staff. GRS Staff members are NOT exempt from adhering to these rules.
– This is an English web site, so all forum posts must be written in English. Any thread topics or replies written in a language other than English may be removed without notice.
– No “flaming” or “badgering” — writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users for their views, comments, status as a user on the site, or any other reason. You can disagree with someone’s views and still be polite about it.
– No “derailing” — Do NOT post controversial or off-topic messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply or derailing a thread.
– No “spamming” — No advertisements, or referral links to other services. We also classify “spam” as short replies (usually fewer than 7 words) which do not contribute to a forum thread in a positive manner. Some forum threads expect short messages (like some forum games), but otherwise short messages are highly discouraged. Do not post for the sake of forum post count… your posts will be removed if we see you posting unhelpful or non-contributing messages.
– No “necro” behavior — posting replies on very old (dead) threads which have not been locked. We only allow “necro” replies in VERY rare circumstances, all other cases will find your reply removed. If you feel strongly enough about posting a reply, please discuss with a Moderator whether to start a new thread of discussion.
– No discussions of software piracy, hacking, homebrewing, illegal material, or linking to these activities will be tolerated. There is a difference between modding and hacking. Posts about modding, mods, glitches, and tricks are welcome but will be deleted if they cross the line into legally questionable activities.
– Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, ethnicity, religion/spirituality (or lack thereof), sex, sexual orientation, or any other offensive nature. This is not a social or political debate forum, try to avoid discussing any of these topics altogether.
– Do not post lewd or offensive content, or links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work, and remember that kids visit the web site.
– No excessive swearing or language. If you’re that angry about something, take a break from the forums for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the forums. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces. We are much more likely to ban users for this behavior than those who let the profanity filter replace cuss words with *’s instead. Still, excessive swearing can get you in trouble too, so keep it clean.
– No posting of any text which bypasses our profanity filters by purposely misspelling, using letter/symbol substitutions or any other means to bypass our censoring. You will only get one warning for this, then you will be banned from the site.
– Please do not “hijack” a forum thread by changing the subject. If you want to change the subject, please start a new message thread. Otherwise, we expect new subjects to be in a new message thread.
– Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban. Do not complain about other users being banned, in the forums or on profile pages of other users.
– Do not complain if a moderator removes a message you posted. We trust our moderators, and if they’ve removed a message, they had a good reason.
– Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don’t want to know your street address. This is not the place to post personal photos, discuss personal issues, etc. We can not guarantee your safety if you choose to release personal information about yourself to strangers on the internet. If we discover any of our users are involved in the doxing or harassment of other users on this site, they will be permanently banned, no questions asked.
– Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
– Do not copy or plagiarize comments.
– Do not post messages containing images of typed text, especially in an alternate color. This confuses other members who may think you have some special authority, which is against our Terms and Conditions. It also defeats our search engine, which cannot read your message text.
- This topic was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by GameReviewStop.com.
The topic ‘Community Forum Rules & Regulations’ is closed to new replies.